Monday, July 26, 2010

Bull Creek

Saturday afternoon, Brandon and I met up with my friend Ellie at her dad's house in Bull Creek for a barbecue and genuinely fun summer evening in the creek. We got there and filled a plate with her dad's brisket, sausage, and venison. I had never ever in my life ever had venison before but I was feeling particularly brave that day so I tried it. It was pretty good! Of course, the whole time my brain is like "hmm, this is pretty good", it's also saying "this is deer. this is deer. you're eating deer. this is deer." but overall, I'm glad I tried it. haha.

After we finished eating, Ellie came up to the house from the creek to get more beer to bring back down to everyone else and decided to drive the four wheeler down there so we could take more beer with us. She asked if I wanted to ride on it and of course I said hell yes. Having never been on a four wheeler before, I assumed I would sit in the back and hold on for dear life as she drove us through the woods, but she was fully confident in that I could drive it, without ever having been on it before. haha. But, after about a minute of explanation on how to switch gears and everything, we were on our way! I drove around the field past the horses, then into the woods we went! It was so fun flying over rocks and tree roots and trying not to slam into bushes. It was especially fun to drive through the creek and into the woods on the other side. We drove up to everyone at the creek, parked the ATV and waded into the creek. The weather was great and the water was even nicer.





Brandon had never been on a hammock before (weird, right?) and decided to attempt the feat. At first, he was alright, but after swinging slightly and losing his balance, he tumbled into the water. Fully clothed. Twice. Here are some action shots.






After it got too dark to swim, and after everyone had been soaked by Brandon's battle with the hammock, we walked back up to the house and played a few games of pool and finished off the beer. Overall, it was such a fun day/night. I really hope we're able to go back soon. Living life simply is so wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment