Saturday, July 17, 2010

Orlando to Anaheim

Preface: I have another blog devoted mostly to my time in the Disney College Program at Walt Disney World in Orlando. Since I'm on a year long hiatus from the company and Florida, I thought I should start another blog to contain everything entirely unrelated to my college program experience. So hear we are.

Recently I met a man, Ryan, who is traveling the country. He's driving through every state in the continental United States on his scooter, making friends, and documenting the whole thing. Hearing his story nearly floored me with restlessness and jealousy. This was only worsened when I actually looked through his on-the-road pictures, especially of the southwest corner of America. I've never been west of where I live now in Austin and the scenery out there is something other worldly. Since I have to save a lot of money for when I return to Disney next summer, I can't afford to head out there until after my CP is over... but afterward...

I'm driving from Orlando, Florida to Anaheim, CA when my CP ends next January. I'll have a little over two weeks to make the trip and I think I can see a lot of great places in this short amount of  time.

Here's the general itinerary.


Based off of schedules from last year, my CP will end somewhere around January 4th and school starts somewhere around January 20th.

January 4th - Check out at Disney, drive to Pensacola Florida. 6 hours drive.
January 5th - Pensacola Florida to New Orleans Louisiana. 4 hours drive.
January 6th - Day in New Orleans.
January 7th - New Orleans to Austin. 9 hours drive.
January 8th - Day in Austin. Pick up anyone who wants to road trip with me. Say hi to my family.
January 9th - Austin to Amarillo. 9 hours drive.
January 10th - Route 66
January 11th - Route 66
January 12th - Route 66
January 13th - Route 66
January 14th - Route 66 to Anaheim, CA
January 15th - Disneyland.
January 16th - Disney's California Adventure.
January 17th - Anaheim to Tucson. 8 hour drive.
January 18th -Tuscon to Roswell. 8 hour drive.
January 19th - Roswell to Austin. 9 hour drive.
January 20th - Austin.

This is still very early on in the planning stages but I'm so very excited and it gives me something to think about besides Disney for the next 11 months. haha. I spend a lot of time on the interwebz looking at pictures of random Route 66 stops on Flickr and daydreaming about driving along stretches of road that look the exact same for 50 miles. I wonder if desert sand is anything like beach sand?

No comments:

Post a Comment