Friday, July 30, 2010

Progress

Today I've felt more productive than I have in a long time. I made a mental list of a few things I need to do and just knocked them out. I filed for unemployment today. It was a bit complicated because my last employer was in Florida and it'll take a bit longer to receive my benefits but once they come, they'll back date to Monday and I'll get a nice check consisting of a few weeks pay to help me through this exhausting job application phase in my life.

I started writing my resume because even though I swore off going back to an office job, it seems like I'm just unqualified for any service jobs. Hopefully I can find a nice environment and it won't be as stressful and depressing as my office job before. I'm good at what I do, but the whole being in a cubicle for 8 hours, working with people at the very least 10 years older than me, doing work that is mentally unchallenging thing is not something I'm looking forward to returning to. I'm going to give it a shot though and hope it was a circumstantial situation and that a new environment won't just be a repeat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment