Sunday, July 18, 2010

Restless as Usual

I'm sitting in my living room playing around on the computer only to be doing something slightly different than what I've been doing for what seems like forever. This being playing on my computer in my bedroom... and watching the twenty-one recorded episodes of NCIS on my DVR or driving out to some swimming hole that will take up my last fourth-tank of gasoline. Being without a job was fun at first but now I'm growing incredibly tired of relaxing, if that makes any sense.

I have an interview tomorrow at Kobe Japanese Steakhouse and I hope I get the job. Primarily because I am growing desperate for funds but also because it seems like a really fun place to work. Its sleek and contemporary, but there will be a lot of wooing and gasping as the chefs make onion volcanoes erupt into flames or toss shrimp directly into guests' nervously opened mouths, despite how uncoordinated said guest may be. I think it could be fairly entertaining and fast paced, which is good. Being unemployed has made living life slowly become living life boringly, I'm afraid. Maybe just a few weeks with a new sort of schedule will help turn things around.

So now, I think I'm going to get up, turn on dance music and clean my kitchen. Then I can at least say I did something today, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment