Thursday, January 6, 2011

Honky Tonks and Harry Potter

Yesterday I lost my job. I didn't enjoy it all that much to begin with and I was let go for non-personal reasons (they needed full time and I was only part time), so while upset, I'm not devastated. To make me feel better, Kevin and I met up at this tiny little honky tonk called Ginny's Little Longhorn to watch his co-worker play with his classic country band, songs once played by the likes of Hank Williams, Merle Haggard, and Elvis Presley.





A regular who plays in this honky tonk is this local guy named Dale Watson. Here's a video of him in Austin in the 90s. Both he and Austin have done a lot of growing up in the last twenty years. haha.

 

This is pretty much what Austin looks like now, but as you can tell with the construction, they're still building. The capital is behind those buildings.

Exhausted from the day, we went to sleep around 12:30. Another terrible side effect was that I've grown so used to that work schedule that I woke up at 8 am this morning. Luckily Kevin was up too so we went hat shopping. Kevin ordered this hat and then we went to his house and watched the fourth Harry Potter movie since I've only seen up to the third one. It was epic of course.

My friend Serena just came over and now I'm going to put on a pretty dress and some thick tights and go dancing. :)

P.S. I forgot to mention that earlier at band practice, our guitarist and our drum player, both named Ray, showed up dressed like this... on accident.


2 comments:

  1. Oh la la, Harry Potter :) I saw the most recent one on New Year's Eve in Lyon with my boyfriend. I hope you can see it soon (after seeing the 5th and 6th, of course ;)) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I watched the 5th and 6th since then and now have the first book in my possession. My boyfriend and I are going to see the 7th tonight in the theatre.

    How was your New Years?

    Ps. I can't remember if I sent you back a postcard or not? I was going to go ahead and send another anyway but I was just curious. haha.

    ReplyDelete