Monday, January 10, 2011

Postcrossing 11, 12, and 13

These came a week or so ago but I haven't had time to sort my brain or all the pictures in my camera, so theyre a little late, but here we go.



It reads:
"Early morning, she wakes up. 
Knock, knock, knock on the door.
It's time for makeup, perfect smile
Its you they're all waiting for.
They go:
Isn't she lovely, this Austin girl? :)
Happy Mxmas!"

And at the top is says "What song is this?" although when I first read it I thought it read What soup is this and I was thoroughly confused. After consulting my mom and google, I came to realize it was a clever adaptation of Britney Spears - Lucky. Super cute.


The second:



It reads:
"Dear Marina,
Many hellos from Hollywood in Florida. I live just a short three hour drive south of Disney World. Of course when you live so close, you don't go there very often.
Best wishes, Katja :)"

The postcard is just adorable! Of course, I have a crazy bias towards all things Disney so naturally I love it and am appalled at the fact that this person never goes to Disney and lives so close. haha.


Third:



It reads:
"Bovensmilde

Dear Marina,
I send you this card because I think, it's funny, to buy one here in the Netherlands, that's made in America and then to send it back to America. And because the picture is so cute. I hope, you like it too. My name is Jeanne and I live in a small, rural village in the north. I'm a widow of 70. I live alone (with my cat). There are lots of things I like to do, such as cycling, reading, puzzles solving, listen to music (and downloading it) and most of all bowling. I do it twice a week - we have a senior league- and it's great fun. So, no time to be bored. I wish you Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.
Jeanne"

Isn't that just wonderful? It really is an adorable card you'd imagine your grandmother would send you on your birthday. haha. I hope I'm like this woman when I'm 70. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment