Monday, January 10, 2011

Postcards from Friends

This first one is from my friend Christine. We did the Disney College Program (Spring 2010) at the same time but never actually met. After our college program, we realized how well we would have gotten along. haha. Oh the things you miss out on. The good thing is, like the postcard says, at least we can be postcard pals.

This is Cinderella Castle in the Magic Kingdom park at Walt Disney World. Those are called Dreamlights and they're only up on the castle for the Holiday season. It takes them weeks to put them on but they look just spectacular. This is exactly what the castle looked like when we stepped into Magic Kingdom for the first time on our first night as Disney World Cast Members. 


It says:
"Marina! We never got to meet but at least we can do this! This is the sole postcard I bought at Disney when I went a couple weeks ago - I know you'll appreciate it most :) & the stamp is the only one I have left from Newstand, where I worked. Happy Holidays, Marina! 
<3 Christine"




This next one is from my friend Jessica. She travels a lot for work and sends me postcards when she's on especially long trips. They're always amazing.



It reads:
"Hello Marina -
I know you already have postcards from Canada but whatever! I miss you! You'll probably get this in the mail when we're hanging out hah. It's totally weird here, the metal show I'm going to tonight is next to a sex shop or like a weird French sex theatre eeesh. Everything is french & all the radio stations are totally weird & the metal band is french! It's been snowing on & off, nothing like the picture though. I had sushi tonight & didn't get sick! Delicious eel. Everyone wears black. hmm. Love you! - J. Bugg"


No comments:

Post a Comment