Tuesday, November 2, 2010

New Hobbies

This past week, I hung out with my friend Shelby who is always in between travels and always up for adventures while she's in town. We match each others' enthusiasm for pretty much everything fun, nerdy, or childlike. Our conversations often escalate quickly into "DUDE! WE HAVE TO DO THAT!", and then we proceed to complete whatever ridiculously awesome plan we've created.

So, one of these exciting things we did was geocaching! I remembered hearing about it like a year or two ago but I had never really looked into it and Shelby had just recently gotten into it and was telling me all about it. The first cache we found was kind of a bust because it was just a log of peoples' names who had found it... which is cool, but we wanted treasures!! So the next time we went out, we went treasure hunting! It took us a bit to find the actual cache but it was filled with tiny treasures so we were satisfied with the find.

 

We also traded a travel bug Shelby had found earlier for one in the cache because her bug wanted to go to South America and the new bug wanted to visit all the U.S. states and Shelby's going to California in a few weeks.



 We walked to another cache site nearby but couldn't find it. We did take some jumping pictures though.




Aside from geocaching, I've recently joined Postcrossing, which is an internet based phenomena that I'm infatuated with already. Basically, you get to send postcards to different people all over the world and once they register that your postcard has arrived, people will get your information randomly generated and you'll receive postcards from all of the world too! So I've sent 6 so far. Two have been received so I have two in the mail on the way to my house from hopefully amazing and far away places! I bought a bunch of stereotypical Texas postcards from the grocery store and the post office but I'm going to hunt for cooler ones soon.

My postcards have been sent to Connecticut, The Netherlands, Canada, Greece, Germany, Russia, and the United Kingdom. I hope I get some interesting ones back!


No comments:

Post a Comment