Monday, November 22, 2010

Unofficial and Amazing - Postcrossing

One awesome and unexpected side effect from being registered for Postcrossing is that occasionally you'll get requests for private swaps. This is when someone sees a card you've sent another person, likes it, and requests a similar card from you off of the Postcrossing records. I got such a request from this girl Kali who is originally from Tennessee but is embarking on a tremendous adventure teaching English in France for the year. Since I've been out of town and broke from my constant need of mini-vacations, her card reached me before I could send her one, but its going out in the mail tomorrow (promise!).



It says:
Hello (Bonsour) Marina! I'm sending you this card because I pass this gorgeous Ducal Palace every single day; literally. I live just around the corner from it! Nevers is such a beautiful place - the food is great, the other English assistants are very fun to be with, and the scenery is gorgeous - What an adventure :)
Happy postcrossing,
Kali

Doesn't that sound wonderful? I'm so jealous. I can't imagine living near anything that remarkable. (Thanks again for the postcard Kali! I'm sending you one tomorrow and I'll find some others for you soon!)


To complete the six cards I received today are three from the same person as a thank you card(s) after receiving one from me! I couldn't believe it! We also talked about using different kinds of stamps so he loaded my cards up with them! I'm gonna leave the pictures small since there are so many but you can click on them to make them bigger.


*Thank you card* #1 of 3
Hi Marina! I think most Canadians feel the Kennedy family was like "American Royalty". The photographer is on the 52c stamp (1952). All of the other stamps show Canada's Queen & Head of State, Elizabeth II. Take care, Garnet


#2/3
Marina! Lake Louise with Mount Victoria in the background is 200 kms from the city or 2 hours by car. It's a ski resort. The maple leaf flag became the national flag of Canada in Feb 1965 before that date Canada used the "Union Jack" or UK flag! 

Best wishes, Garnet





#3/3
Hi Marina! Here is a good view of Alberta's largest city (population 1.5 million). The 54c stamp show Niagara Falls (the treaty is between the USA and Canada - marking the international boundaries of all waterways at the USA/Canada border). The 42c stamp shows how the Alaska highway passes through northern Alberta, British Columbia, and the Yukon. Best wishes from the Constitutional Monarchy to the north, Garnet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment