Monday, November 22, 2010

Postcrossing 6


The letter says: 

Hello my dear friend!
My name is Natalia. I'm from a beautiful country  - Belarus (Minsk). I'm a student of Belorussian State University and my major subject is economics. I'm interested in dealing with estate property and I would like to connect my future job with it. I'd be glad to make friends with you. I would like to tell you some words on my language. 
[first word I can't read] - It means potato.
[second word I can't read] - It means potato flat cakes with meat. 
[third word I can't read] - it makes native land :)))
There are different holidays in our country. I would like to tell about one in particular. The Midsummer Day or Ivan Kupala's Feast Day is a national pagan summer holiday in honor of the sun. This holiday is celebrated on July 7th. There are a lot of national beliefs and customs connected with this holiday. For example, if you manage to get through the fence of 11 gardens, whatever you wish will come true :)))
Could you please provide me with the information about the average cost of accommodation in your country, plus it would be nice to get some information about things or customs that characterize your country. 

Best wishes, your friend Natalia.

 It came with this card too and on the back it says:

Hello dear Marina Hendrix!
This card is from a wonderful country Belarus. This card with our national symbols: 
stork, tractor, and bales of hay.
I hope you like my card.


Best wishes, Natalia.


Isn't that adorable and awesome? I sent her back a thank you card and talked about the Southwest and how it's a mix between American and Mexican culture. Then I talked about barbeque for a good while, haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment